Beach neighbor speaks out after man dies in propane explosion
NewsChannel 3 is learning more about the man who died after propane tanks in his car exploded.
Friends say 36-year-old Matthew Olive was going to fill up the propane tanks for his son’s 8th birthday party this past weekend.
But on Wednesday – when he got in the van and lit his cigarette, the car exploded because of leaking propane.
It caused severe burns all over his body.
Neighbors tried to help save his life by spraying him with water and putting wet clothes on him.
He was rushed to the hospital, but didn’t survive.
His neighbor helped tow the van away, and cleaned the shattered glass that had spread all over the lawn.
“Just to try and make it so when they come back there isn’t that tragic first vision of what happened and for them to always remember that and relate this to how their father ended passing away.”
Friends say Olive’s wife and two young sons were able to make it to the hospital before he died Wednesday night.