Party Time @ Granby!
Looking for something to do tonight? Why not head on over to Granby Street in Downtown Norfolk. The city is working to revitalize the downtown district, and they’re hoping a good old fashioned block party will bring in folks to check out all Granby has to offer. The party is from 6-9 tonight, and you can even park in the downtown garages for just 2 bucks. Have fun. BTW, here are my top 5 fave downtown spots.
5. Urban Outiftters– Hey, I’ve been waiting YEARS for this place to finally open up. Before now I had to wait until a trip to NY to catch up on my funky T-shirts and frilly skirts.
4. Bean There Cafe- This place couldn’t be in a more perfect spot– right next to the light rail station off City Hall avenue. They have a happy hour (in a coffe shop?) and the atmosphere is adorable. And of course the coffee is fab.
3. Kincaids- They’ve been in Mac Mall since day one. I’ve loved this place or years. If you’re 21 and over you have to try the Vanilla Sky Martini ( it’s not on the menu but ask for it anyway). Oh, and they have the best prime rib I have ever, ever eaten.
2. Bodega- Two things– ribs, and 5 dollar shrimp night on Wednesday. You can’t go wrong.
1. Norfolk Seafood Company/The Big Easy- The She Crab bisque is so creamy, buttery and rich, it’s like there’s a cow in every bowl– and then that cow had a baby in the bowl and they’re just swimming around in there. Yeah. It’s that rich.